- Name & logo, WED Resources is short for 'Wedding Essentials Directory & Resources'. Dropping the DIY better reflects our purpose to connect local couples with reliable wedding resources here on the South coast of BC.
- There's still plenty of DIY projects and support, we're just acknowledging that it's a lot more than just for the do-it-yourselfer. Professionals use this site all the time because they know they can trust the resources here are helpful and accurate.
"Thank you for keeping your site current. When looking for contact information for a local venue and finding their own website was wrong, I found the correct information on your website!" - Nancy at Alyssa Short Designs
- New domain on .ca to showcases our focus on Canadian local resources
Easy Self Listing
- Now wedding vendors can add their own listing to speed up the process. They still have to be approved as valid local wedding vendors once they register to maintain integrity of the directory.
- After approval they can login, fill in their contact information and continue to make changes as they grow.
- It's always been clean and simple to navigate, but now there are drop down menus that make it even quicker.
- Removed sections that were old and not used that often
Expanded Wedding Essentials Directory
- More categories - greater definition of categories to make finding what you're looking for even easier
- Added planners category to help the overwhelmed
- Full page detail views available with one click on a listing
Enhanced Show Listing
- As the most up to date and comprehensive wedding show list this page has become the most popular page of this site
- More detail can be found with a description section
- Added photos to showcase the expected features and highlights from previous shows
- Producers can add & edit their own listings once registered members
- Feedback will provide insights about recurring shows by registered members
Expanded Venue Directory
- Bigger geographic Area - more communities and more venues to choose from with the addition of Whistler and the Sunshine Coast.
- Greater detail added to the venue listings and more photos to see more views of the location
- Map added to pinpoint the exact location
- Added Photo Opportunities category to the Venues list to help you find great places to record your memories
- Combined Churches into Venue directory to streamline the process
- Find venues by zooming into your area of interest on the map. Click on a flag to see what's in your area.
- Tiered highlighting opportunities for the directory listings. Now you can rise above the pack and get noticed with ENHANCED and PREMIER listings. PREMIER listing will give you a unique opportunity for FULL PAGE focus.
- Banner and cube ads can be placed on targeted pages to best reach your preferred clients.
- Added 'Hot Shots' section to show cool photo ideas from local talented photographers. A free opportunity for photographers to showcase their skill
- Added Photo Opportunities category under 'Venue' section to help you find the best place in your area to take your photos
- Random photos around the website showcase local photographers
- Sharing proven recipes, mostly from my mom, the most amazing cook in the world! Her 60+ years experience of preparing delicious meals for family and catered events will amaze your guests!
- Tips and tricks for DIY food preparation for a variety of events
- A place to share current events and trends for the private and professional event planners out there
- Ability to Search by alphabet for directory and venue listings
Feedback & Ratings
- Now registered users can leave feedback and rate local venues and wedding shows visited.
- Since it's so easy to add new sections and content, there will be something new all the time...you're going to want to bookmark this page!